HIS relies heavily on nurturing a culture of literacy and a love for knowledge. The Learning Resources Committee strives to create a community of knowledgeable Hayaters and global citizens by hosting various welcoming and engaging events.
The goals of the Learning Resources Committee are to:
- Create a comfortable and welcoming environment for the school community at the Learning Resources Center
- Host an annual writing and reading competitions
- Organize and host an annual book fair
- Organize and host book exchange events within the community
- Organize and host storytelling events, puppet shows and interviews with acclaimed authors