The Health Office at HIS promotes safe school practices and routines within the open space that HIS students use to explore, learn and grow.
The health office at HIS fulfills several functions:
- supports student health and educational success by providing day-to-day health care management for all students
- provides comprehensive medical services to students
- conducts awareness campaigns and follow up sessions on health and hygiene related issues
- reports communicable diseases
- follows up on the physical environment
- participates in developing a plan for prevention and management of hazards
Day-to-day health care includes medical first aid for daily incidents, follow up on students’ hygiene and monitoring student interaction with cafeteria meals
Medical services include comprehensive screening by the school pediatric and follow up on medical related issues. In addition, all students are enrolled in health insurance plans within school premises and during official school hours.